The term has become taboo. It get slapped on investigative journalism and unsatisfied question-asking as though it were some sort of anti-accreditation.
- Food Inc.- discussing American meat and agriculture
- Fuel- on America’s unsustainable use of foreign oil.
- Who Killed the Electric Car- investigating the automobile industry’s attachment to petroleum-fueled vehicles.
- Zeitgeist or Loose Change- exploring the unanswered questions surrounding the 9-11 ´terrorist attacks.´
- Zeitgeist Addendum- explains why ever-increasing inflation as well as national debt are inherent to the central banking model of every country in the world, and what that implies about our global economy’s sustainability.
- The Obama Deception- profiles an organization of international bankers known as the Bilderberg Group, and explicates their funding of both sides of American politics to maintain advantageous fiscal policy.
And, last but not least,
- Grass- Woody Harrelson narrates the lesser-known history of Marijuana in the United States, and curses the bastards who made it illegal. Personally, I think they should have titled the film, ¨White Men Can’t Smoke.¨ But that’s just me… J
- Our economy needs these corn and oil subsidies.
- Americas politicians have our best interests at heart.
- Two of the world´s largest buildings fell with perfect symmetry in under five seconds because some guys that live in caves took over an entire 100-person plane with a pocket knife.
At the end of the day, all I am saying is this: if you´ve spent your life assuming that the organizations which exert control over you do so out of love, or some other altruistic sentiment, I suggest you look into it a little more. In the words of the great conspiracy theorist, David Icke, the Truth Will Set You Free.
Often times in our respective practices of spirituality, we use mental cues to help us realize a state of conscious presence. A mental cue is any word or phrase that we use to facilitate awakening. This could be a prayer, a mantra, or a quote from someone we see as a spiritual teacher. Some examples could include
the common Christian saying, `welcome jesus into your heart,’
the Muslim saying, `surrender your will to Allah,’
or the Gandhi quote, ´be the change you wish to see.’
Frequently, we fixate on the differences between different spiritual practices. One talks about Jesus. One talks about Allah. One doesn´t mention any deity at all. What we often forget is that these practices are more similar than they are different.
There is exactly one state of presence. One state of consciousness. And though we often forget it, realizing this state was the original goal of every religion.
Some words illicit very strong emotions in us. The word, Jesus is one example. When people hear Jesus, they automatically either think ´this is divine,`or ´this is bullshit.`
The reality is that it is neither. Jesus is just a word, a part of a language, created by humans. It is not inherently divine. It is simply a word that attempts to direct us toward that. Like a signpost. On an energetic level, each of the phrases written above may inspire the exact same thing.
The mistake that many of us make is that we get too fixated on the words, and we forget that they are actually pointing to something much deeper. This is often done with the Bible and similar texts. People hold it up and say `this is the one and only word of God, and if you don´t agree, then you are wrong.´
In reality, there is no right, and there is no wrong. Its all just information- arbitrary sounds and characters from a made-up language of self-important monkeys…
If the Bible helps you reach a deep state of presence within youself, that´s great. If it doesn´t do that for you, then that´s no big deal, either. Different things work for different people.
It is often said that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. You can´t tell someone they´re wrong for thinking something is beautiful. I feel the same is true of spirituality. Just as the appeal of art is completely subjective, it makes very little sense to say that everyone needs to feel inspired by the same path toward spiritual consciousness.
Though this may sound like a condemning post, the intended message is actually one of liberation. You don´t have to feel limited by the way you´ve lived in the past. Instead, you are free to explore the playground of the world and see what works for you.
As our friends at Hershey´s Corporation used to say, there is no wrong way to eat a Reese´s.